GOVERNANCE & OVERSIGHT (at the board level)
With increased scrutiny from the regulatory bodies, corporate boards and executive teams are more focused on governance related issues than ever before. The governance process within n organization includes elements such as definition and communication of corporate control, key policies, enterprise risk management, regulatory and compliance management and oversight and evaluating business performance. The ideal process of governance is management by policy. The board develops management policies for the CEO. And the CEO develops management policies and procedures for the staff and employees. The result is clear lines of authority and delegation.
- Improve board effectiveness
- Set the right tone and make effective decisions
- Assess and implement ethics programs, training, change management, anti-fraud programs and monitoring/reporting
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
Risk management enables an organization to evaluate all relevant business and regulatory risks and controls and monitor mitigation actions in a structured manner. POWERNET has effectively helped our executive clients improve their management modeling, business operations, cyber security, policy development, app development, marketing, software solutions and process engineering.
- Strategic risk management: creating and protecting value from strategic risks
- Design, implement and maintain a common risk infrastructure by leveraging people, process and technology transformation opportunities
- Establish organization-wide consistency while simultaneously addressing different and unique functional needs
- Identify, measure, manage, monitor, review and report on risks
- Integrate activities to effectively manage risk and compliance-related activities
CORPORATE & GOVERNMENT COMPLIANCE
DFARS / NIST 800-171 prepreation is one of many services that can be included within your service. The Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) of 2002 establishes security guidelines that federal agencies or those entities, which have outsourced agency business, must adhere to. FISMA requires specific documentation, policies and procedures, and defined processes to be in place to meet the rigorous requirements of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-171. POWERNET’s understanding of the security requirements and experience conducting FISMA assessments allows us to assist your company’s FISMA compliance needs.
- Compliance program design and control testing
- Compliance monitoring, assessment, and effectiveness
- Regulatory consulting
- Specialized compliance services: NIST, FISMA, DFARS, RMF, HIPAA, SOX or PCI